Secure Worldwide offers employment opportunities to individuals with a valid license from the Ministry of Justice. The license that you need to hold may vary depending on the nature of work you wish to do in our organization. The following is the list of valid licenses that the Justice and Solicitor General's office in Alberta issues for individuals considering a career in security services.

You may obtain one or more of the below mentioned classes of licenses offered under the Security Services and Investigators Act:

  • Security Services
  • Executive Protection
  • Loss Prevention
  • Private Investigator
  • Patrol Dog Handler       
  • Security Alarm/Emergency Alarm Responder

You must have at least one or more of the above licenses depending on the position you apply for with Secure Worldwide. Please note that if you are licensed as a Patrol Dog Handler, you must also have a valid Security Services license.

In addition to the licensing, you should also:

  • Have a clean record - A criminal reference check will be conducted to verify
  • Must be at least 18 years of age
  • Must have completed high school; college degree is considered an asset
  • Must be medically fit
  • Must be able to speak English fluently

A valid driving license is also considered an asset in the event you are assigned to drive any of the patrol vehicles of Secure Worldwide.